Illustrated by Nancy Gray Ogle; published by Kids Can Press
The eating habits of wild cats is one of fourteen topics in this look at the three North American wild cats — cougars, bobcats and lynx. You’ll find out where wild cats live, how they give birth and raise their kittens, what they eat and much more.
Did you know?
• one lynx eats up to 200 snowshoe hares a year
• wild kittens purr like pet cats
• cougars are the biggest and fastest cats in North America
Kids Can Press Wildlife Series
Easy-to-read text, well-organized information and beautiful illustrations make this series is an excellent choice for students doing their first research projects. Featuring North American animals, these books describe where an animal lives, what it eats and how it raises its young.
• Parents’ Choice Approval, U.S. Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Best Books for Children by Science Books and Films
• “Pick of the Lists” by American Bookseller
• Our Choice selection, Canadian Children’s Book Centre
“A beautifully illustrated book.” Science Activities