Illustrated by Pat Stephens; published by Kids Can Press
How beavers dam ponds and build lodges are just two of 14 topics in this book. You’ll also find out what beavers eat, where they give birth, how they raise their young, how they protect themselves and much more.
Did you know?
• a beaver’s teeth never stop growing
• a beaver can stay underwater for up to 15 minutes
• some beaver dams are longer than a soccer field
Kids Can Press Wildlife Series
Easy-to-read text, well-organized information and beautiful illustrations make this series is an excellent choice for students doing their first research projects. Featuring North American animals, these books describe where an animal lives, what it eats and how it raises its young.
• Parents’ Choice Approval, U.S. Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Best Books for Children by Science Books and Films
• “Pick of the Lists” by American Bookseller
• Our Choice selection, Canadian Children’s Book Centre
“A superb example of a well-written information book for pre-readers and students in the early elementary grades. Highly recommended.” Canadian Materials Magazine
“Solid choices for homework assignments or to whet the appetites of young wildlife lovers.” Booklist