Illustrated by Pat Stephens; published by Kids Can Press
This book introduces children to wolves, coyotes and foxes – the wild dogs of North America. Find out where wild dogs live, what they eat, and how they give birth and raise their young. Beautifully detailed illustrations give you a close-up look at how each species compares in size, movement and habitat.
Did you know?
• all the wolves in a pack help take care of the pups
• an Arctic fox’s white fur turns brown in the summer
• a wolf can run up to 60 km per hour
Kids Can Press Wildlife Series
Easy-to-read text, well-organized information and beautiful illustrations make this series is an excellent choice for students doing their first research projects. Featuring North American animals, these books describe where an animal lives, what it eats and how it raises its young.
• Parents’ Choice Approval, U.S. Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Best Books for Children by Science Books and Films
• “Pick of the Lists” by American Bookseller
• Our Choice selection, Canadian Children’s Book Centre
“Full of basic, interesting information which is tightly written and suitable for young fact finders.” Canadian Materials Magazine