Illustrated by Pat Stephens; published by Kids Can Press
Deer, moose, elk and caribou are all members of the deer family. In this book, you’ll find out what they eat, where they live, how they give birth and raise their young, why some migrate and much more.
Did you know?
• a moose’s antlers can weigh as much as an 11 year old child
• in a day, a moose can eat as much as 90 big salad bowls of greens
• a baby deer less than a week old can run faster than a human
Kids Can Press Wildlife Series
Easy-to-read text, well-organized information and beautiful illustrations make this series is an excellent choice for students doing their first research projects. Featuring North American animals, these books describe where an animal lives, what it eats and how it raises its young.
• Parents’ Choice Approval, U.S. Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Best Books for Children by Science Books and Films
• “Pick of the Lists” by American Bookseller
• Our Choice selection, Canadian Children’s Book Centre
“These books will provide clear, accessible information for young report writers.” School Library Journal